Sunday 25 January 2015

Work in Progress


Hello everybody!

I wish to apologize as lately i didn't put any updating about my artistic work...
I'm actually working ona book, my first illustrated story.
It has been a dream from long time , as i love fairy tales...
Illustrated books took soon the place of art catalogues in my own library, and my teachers at University easily noticed this interest in my artistic work.

I always regret to not having tried to get into an illustration or Art Book School when i was young , and now, for many reasons, I feel it is too late.
So i have to track my own way, now.
In the past, I tried few classes or workshop on the matter, and they left me a bit with disappointment, mostly about what seems to be the "fashion" of illustration and writing nowadays, and also a bit because it seems that there is only a way to do it, and i do not think so.
I think everybody can make his own way, because will feel the reality in a different way, as he/she is unique.
In fact,  around there are ALL sorts of books.
And if big publisher will not accept my work, i can always go my way,  and to self-print, or find small independent Printers or projects, like kickstarter.

These workshops left me also with an  even stronger desire to do what i love, because by being surrounded by children illustrated books, and the chance to get to know new artists and writers during the classes, my love for this ART could only  grow!

 I could in fact get connections, that is maybe the good things of schools. Maybe, the best one.

On another front, lately I have been following the work of the local Public Artists ' Collective Eccleston George, website here, and they have quite an interesting -and in perfect working order- alternative Philosophy of Work. Really great guys!

Coming back at my work, i'll soon put up new cards for sale on my Etsy shop... so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment