Wednesday 9 January 2019

The power of beautiful things

Hello and happy New Year!



With the start of new things, new thoughts and new work,
I find myself
aware of the need to write not only
what I do, but more of how I feel doing it.

2018 has been hard, but everywhere are to be spotted treasures.
I was flooded by doubt on my work, as my transition to
a career into illustration
found myself struggling to take time off from personal things
and easy it is
to loose passion.



After all, I started the new year
experiencing the healing touch
of beautiful things.
We are all different, and so is
what we consider beautiful.
So, here is some things that make my heart smile

PATTERNS: I recently bought this book


and looking at it was more 
than eating the nicest piece of cake ever.
I wonder why patterns are so appealing to me,
maybe because of the thoughtful balance of colour, shapes and lines ?



FABRICS: specially wool and natural textiles,
 always 
have given me a sense of a story,
I loved re-using scraps of textile to create art
and to sew bags and things out of
gradma dresses ( textiles where so nice in their quality, in the past!)



GREEN LIFE: I find plants having
a wise, strong and delicate
personality.



I love going to garden centres, even just to take pictures 
( and more often than not, I can't resist buying something!)


I have tried hard to make a nice garden in my tiny backyard
and in some ways , I am happy with it.
A pond, moss and rescue plants are happy there,
and I managed to grow grass where all neighbours told me it was impossible.


COLOURS: yes, again colours is food for the eyes,
and for the soul. Look at this illustration by Carolyn Gavin,
isn't it nourishing our eyes?


I am a very colourful person, and for a period of my life,
for some reason I stopped to wear colours.
Now I discover that is vital to my mood and 
energy level.
I bought this book and I love it, it has inside a lot of 
colour combination according to the mood they suggest.




LANDSCAPES: that's when I feel I belong to a bigger Plan.
I love open spaces and they really bring back to perspective
all the everyday worries for me...


Sometimes, in the learning stage of a new life,
it's easy to feel lost.
But when we were small, if we gave up when trying to stand up, we would walk today...
what did keep us going at that time?
We still have it inside... let's bring it out!

That's why, I hold tight on the things I love.



My new year resolution
is just to play more
even at work.


Hope you can do the same, in your own way!


No comments:

Post a Comment